Sunday, July 18, 2010

Wrinkles and Illegitimate Excuses




I've started to wonder, when I (God willing) become a parent with children to care for, what they will use against me to get what they want. How will I respond to the universal "but everyone else is doing it," "You never let me do anything!" (slam door), or the silent treatment.

Note : written ... I don't know. First blog post ever!

Actually, I wonder what kind of parent I will be at all. Will I be outgoing, overprotective, too lenient, a good mix of the two, fun, boring, predictable, spontaneous?

Maybe it's just me questioning what kind of person I am today. I think of myself as fun, humorous, happy, and pretty much optimistic. But what do others think? Doesn't everyone wonder that? And you can't really trust other people to give you a complete answer because, honestly, what if they don't like you? Would they admit it out loud?

I admire the people who can speak their mind. I am becoming accustomed to doing so more than I did years before, but something about honesty and frankness is just so refreshing in this society of malcontents and back-stabbers who go through life showing one face and believing in another.

From one reader to another,
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment